Blow Backs, its childs play

First Aid Back Blows for Choking

 

The first aid treatment for choking is serious. Every parent should understand that one of the ways kids learn is by feeling touching and of course putting small things  in their mouths. Their small airways can be easily blocked and they don’t have well developed cough and gag reflexes so they can quickly get into trouble.

First Aid training for new parents can help parents to cope should they be faced with an emergency and did you know that a survey by the children’s hospital found a surprising 8% of parents had performed CPR on a child.

In this video the babysitting kids show you what can go wrong and have a bit of fun with a serious subject. The idea being to ask parents and those that care for children to learn the basic skills to save a life

Click here to access a link to the Children’s Hospital fact sheet on Choking  so you can keep up to date with the latest first aid and safety/preventative advice.

The Children’s hospital highlights the problem with Button batteries which when swallowed it can burn through tissue in just two hours, causing severe injury or death.  If a child swallows a button battery, go to your nearest hospital emergency department immediately and do not induce vomiting.

Product safety information in Australia is available from Product safety Australia